Tuesday, June 18, 2013

~The First Experience~

Well... It's been awhile that i've never been here rite? Ermm anyone missing me?? Hehe... Well, today is just a simple entry. I've just finished writing my lesson plan for today. My eyes still wide awake and had nothing to do. Instead of going to bed, i plan to write something here and share this first experience i had last week. 

Guess what???? I'm really proud of myself. Yes, i do. I was really surprised as well. As for me, it was a great achievement that i had encountered so far. Well, it was actually something that we called public speaking. 

It was started like this... Last March, this one teacher friend of mine called me up and requesting me to replace her for the LINUS 2.0 Programme in KK. I said, "What course is that?" I've heard about Linus before but i believed it has nothing to do with English teacher. So she explained to me and i was like shocked. U know why? Hahaha, the best word i heard from her was," Ko boleh bah tu. Sya tau ko boleh. Lagipun ko terer jg cakap English." And i was liked, "Huh???" 

I didnt know plak that i speak english fluently... Hahaha.. Of course u said, "Bah ko English teacher jg kan? Memang la pandai cakap English." Well, if u speak about teaching in English, especially in Primary. I could said yes, i am still considered can speak fluently as i'm dealing with kids. Not adults. So confirm-confirm la mcm air tu sipiking english... Hahaha.. 

To make it short, yes i have to replace her place. But u know what... It's not that simple as u think. I was replacing her for the Jurulatih Utama. And i was... Oh my God! Huhuhu... One thing i know about myself, i always take it as a challenge. Be positive. I will try my best and beat the rest. Aiseh.... 

So after completing the course, and now it comes to the best part.... Hahaha... It was 2 months ago and suddenly, last Tuesday i was called up by our Language Officer from PPD to give a course to all the English Year 1 teachers in Kota Kinabalu. Punyala.... Bikin gegar tu kaki bah..  It was a very short notice to all the English teacher. Same goes to me. All the knowledge i guess had already gone for the past 2 months. huhu.. The course was on Thursday and all teachers had only one day left to get prepared. Some teacher had to ask for replacement because of personal matters, and some were late to come for the registration because of their schools were far far away in the remote area. Kasian bah kan..

So apparently, i had to be the Trainer during the course. Which is i never experience it before. Haha... Our district was combined with Nabawan district and was put in Likas Square Condotel for the 3 days and 2 nights course. Linus 2.0 was still in the baseline. Every teachers were very worried about the workload and documentations. Ya, i was in the same thinking like u all when i first heard this thing in March. But we have to be positive. It was good actually if u think back that the objective of this Programme is to reduce the numbers of weak pupils in English. As we had now was only, the remedial class for BM and Maths. But we don't have for English. So nanti ada la sdh tu... Jadi senang la sdh kerja English teacher.. Hehe..

Thanks God.. I've done my part in all the session that was assigned by JPN. I was shocked again when i saw the course's timetable given by JPN just before the course. hahaha.. I had 5 sessions all together for this course. Punya la sandih.. Mcm la professional trainer bah... Huhu... Lucky, i had a good and sporting LO, Mr.Yen. He was my hero that day. The first day, he took my 2 sessions. Thanks to him. But funny i think, when he mentioned that, i was the expert in LINUS 2.0 during the Q&A session. 

Thanks and many thanks to God... Im so so proud of myself. I had a great experienced. Ya la of course, the time u stand in front of all the teachers... My body was like shaking all the times. But slowly, it faded and i managed to handle my nervous as well. Same goes to the speaking parts. Pandai tersasul-sasul bah org bilang... Tp boleh la.. Im still far far from the word 'excellent' if in terms of speaking. Haha.. Bkn org putih kan. So masih karas tu lidah. 

But ya, im happy. And im so so.... Apa tu? LIKE?? Hehehe.. Yups, i like it. At least i know that, i have this capability and i was good. Hehe. Tu la bah my first experience kunun... Hehe.. So now, i can go to bed and sleep tight. Hehe...

Nite nite u all... Thanks for reading my entry... 😝 See ya...

No comments: